About Me

Monday, January 19, 2015

1.19.2015

Okay as promised, here is my Monday post.

Today in the United States is Martin Luther King Day.  For us "minority" folks it is an important day of reflection and of understanding of our civil rights.  Our forefathers fought and died for our civil rights so that we could all get to a point where there is SOME sort of a peaceful co-existence between everybody.  I think that as long as our world leaders strive for some SORT of a world peace eventually we will all be able to tolerate each other long enough to live peacefully together.  Today is a sobering day for me as I think back to the recent crimes of police brutality, violence in other parts of the world, wars going on everywhere, and that sort of stuff.  It saddens me that people let religion dictate their world view, and not logic or something as simple as love.  I think that if we all embraced one another the world would be a better place for everybody, especially our unborn generations.  I wouldn't want MY own kids (Whenever/IF) I have them to live in the strife and turmoil of today.  Constantly worried about bullies, cops, and other crazy shit like that.  It's a pretty intense thing to think about but I think we NEED to start the conversation.

The recent events with out of control cops really concerns me.

I'm someone who has dealt with a lot of bullyism in my life, to the point where I had to learn how to defend myself and fight back.  I don't want anybody to go through what I went through.  I think schooling years should be a time period of reflection, knowledge and the pursuit of knowledge.  Somehow our society has lost sight of what is important.  Our kids.  We gotta get back to raising them properly, how our generation was raise with some fucking backbone and character.  This whole need that society has shoved down everybody's throats to like "fit in" has ruined a whole generation of these crazy kids.  These kids are out of control, failing school sooner, dropping out sooner, and more terrifyingly, having kids sooner and sooner.  It seems like instead of wanting to work hard for an honest pay check, they want the free pass at life.  So they behave in these out of control behaviors, and act out in ways THEY think is right.  Remember folks, all it takes is the one mistake and soon your kids are having kids at fifteen.  I think this needs to stop and parents need to take a bigger responsibility for the next generation.

Remember folks, these are our "future world leaders".

Do you want our kids to have substance and morality, or continue to swirl in an out of control path to destruction? Now don't read this the wrong way everyone.  I'm not saying ALL families have out of control kids.  I'm saying that ENOUGH do that IT IS a major problem.

Here are some facts:

Alarming Children Statistics

Child Obesity

And I can find so many DETAILED statistical data on this situation.  Now I'm not one to judge, but I am saying we, as a society, need to change our ways.  Our future as a RACE depends on this.  I think that people who look for short-term answers are only hurting our society more.  I am just rambling on my thoughts about this matter here, and posting this on a day where a great man had a vision where we could all live together in peace and harmony.  I will post my updates on my current works NEXT week.  But this week I wanted to reflect on the troubles of the world, and the troubles of society.  We HAVE to take responsibility for our own bullshit if we expect our kids to be raised up in any genuinely GOOD way.  Anyway, I hope that everyone's holiday is going very well.  I'm gonna stop this week's post right about here.  I'll add things as I come up with it, or people start to drop posts and commentary on my works.

Anyway everyone as always,
Stay classy, WORLD,
~Pavel Vargas

No comments:

Post a Comment